Endau-Rompin Peta | The enchanted rainforest
There are two official entry points to the park: the Peta entrance located along the eastern boundary in the district of Mersing, and the Selai entrance at the southwestern boundary in the district of Segamat.
The Peta entrance provides a gateway to the rugged wilderness of the upper Endau valley, where pristine rivers and raging waterfalls are the star attractions. A visit to Peta is also a cultural experience, as the Endau valley lies within the customary lands of the indigenous people of Kampung Peta, whose lives are intertwined with the forest in profound and inexplicable ways. Through the eyes and hearts of the Jakun, this timeless land is filled with oral history; populated by unseen beings; and alive with the hidden messages of benevolent animals.
Top 5 Peta highlights:
- Upeh Guling – Soak up the scenery at one of the most beautiful waterfalls in the country.
- Buaya Sangkut – Endure the challenging trek to the foot of this majestic falls.
- Janing Barat – Feel the other-worldly vibes of the fan palm forest.
- Tasik Biru – Swim with the fishes in the translucent waters of the blue lake.
- Kampung Peta – Experience authentic Orang Hulu culture and hospitality.